SUNDAY! “HOLY NIGHT, HOLY FAMILY” SPECIAL ADVENT SERVICE
Everyone of every age and ability is invited to participate in “Holy Night, Holy Family” a special advent service to be “performed” in worship on Sunday, Dec. 16, at FUMC. There are parts and roles and jobs for everyone. Can you act, sing, make costumes, help with sets? Can you breathe?! Come and see what the special service is all about with Pastor David later this morning.
ADVENT & CHRISTMAS SEASON – SAVE THE DATES – JOIN THE FUN
• Sunday, December 2, begins the church’s season of Advent – a time of expectation, hope, peace, love and joy for the Christ child who is to come. FUMC invites all to join in the spirit of the season through the activities and events listed below.
• Saturday, Dec. 1 United Methodist Women’s Cookie Walk & Bake Sale, 9 am to Noon
• Sunday, Dec. 2 1st Sunday of Advent, worship at 8 am and 9:30 am, Holy Communion
• Sunday, Dec. 2 Advent Fest with crafts for all ages @ 3:30 pm and spaghetti dinner @ 5 pm
• Sunday, Dec. 9 2nd Sunday of Advent, worship at 8 am and 9:30 am
• Sunday, Dec. 16 3rd Sunday of Advent, special “Holy Night, Holy Family” service of worship at 9:30 am
• Sunday, Dec. 16 Caroling Party, leaving from FUMC at 2 pm. The Summit of Uptown, Sunrise Living Center and Bella Terra are our destinations
• Sunday, Dec. 23, 4th Sunday of Advent
• Monday, Dec. 24, Christmas Eve services at 4 pm and 10 pm in the Sanctuary
STEWARDSHIP CONSECRATION SUNDAY, NOV. 18
All members and friends of FUMC: you are invited to bring your commitment cards with you to worship (8 am and 9:30 am) on Sunday to consecrate our faithful responses and financial resources to God’s work through the church.
STEWARDSHIP SEASON “BLESSINGS OF GRATITUDE”
You are invited to give attention to the season in your daily prayers. The season gives focus to the church and its members as to how we share our prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. We are encouraged to use our time, abilities and financial resources to the work of the church and its ministry in the world. Commitment packets with budget information and commitment card can be found in the Stewardship Station outside the sanctuary.
PIE SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 18
In celebration of the conclusion of our fall stewardship season, FUMC has pie! Bakers are invited to sign up to bring a yummy pie to share during Fellowship Hour on Sunday, Nov. 18, after the 9:30 am worship service. The sign up is in the Parlor. Pie Sunday is the yummiest Sunday of the year – you won’t want to miss it!