Lifelong faith. Enrichment for all ages.
Women’s Study Group: Meeting Monday evenings at 7 pm, all are welcome; open to the women of First UMC and the greater community.
Adult groups host discussions of current books and topics, as well as studies based on seasonal congregational themes. Recent readings have included:
- C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce
- Jim Wallis’ On God’s Side
- Debbie Macomber’s One Simple Act
- Diane Butler Bass’s A Peoples History of Christianity
- Rabbi Evan Moffic’s What Every Christian Needs to Know about Passover
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together
- Adam Hamilton’s John: The Gospel of Light and Life
- Karen Armstrong’s A History Of God
- Marjorie Thompson’s Forgiveness
- Parker Palmer’s Healing The Heart Of Democracy
Our Good Reads Book Club meets on an irregular monthly schedule at the the home of a church member.
Recent books include:
- Matthew Desmond’s Evicted
- Rebecca Makkai’s The Great Believers
- Imbolo Mbue’s Behold The Dreamers
- Ayobami Adebayo’s Stay With Me
- David Williams’s When The English Fall
- Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between The World And Me
- J.D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy