Lifelong faith. Enrichment for all ages.
We offer Adult Sunday School at 8:45am and 11:00am, and adult studies during the week.
After Sunday services, we gather to discuss topics raised in contemporary Christian scholarship, as well as studies based on seasonal congregational themes.
Our text resource for the upcoming Lenten season will be Rev. Thomas Berlin’s Reckless Love.
Recent readings have included:
- C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce
- Robin DeAngelo’s White Fragility
- Richard Friedman’s Exodus
- Jim Wallis’ On God’s Side
- Debbie Macomber’s One Simple Act
- Diane Butler Bass’s A Peoples History of Christianity
- Rabbi Evan Moffic’s What Every Christian Needs to Know about Passover
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together
- Adam Hamilton’s John: The Gospel of Light and Life
- Karen Armstrong’s A History Of God
- Marjorie Thompson’s Forgiveness
- Parker Palmer’s Healing The Heart Of Democracy
- Dalai Lama and Bishop Desmond Tutu, The Book Of Joy
Our Good Reads Book Club meets on an irregular monthly schedule at the the home of a church member.
In a relaxed setting, secular fiction and non-fiction books are chosen and discussed, with the focus on the issues they raise in our lives as Christians. Check our newsletter and church calendar for days and times.
Recent books include:
- Matthew Desmond’s Evicted
- Francisco Cantu’s The Line Becomes A River
- David Williams’ When The English Fall
- Rosellen Brown’s The Lake On Fire
- Luis Alberto Urrea’s The House Of Broken Angels
- Alex Kotlowitz’s American Summer
- Rebecca Makkai’s The Great Believers
- Imbolo Mbue’s Behold The Dreamers
- Ayobami Adebayo’s Stay With Me
- David Williams’s When The English Fall
- Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between The World And Me
- J.D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy