Lifelong faith. Enrichment for all ages.
In-person classes are currently suspended because of the COVID pandemic.
We hope to resume Adult Sunday School at 8:45am and 11:00am on Sundays, and adult studies during the week.
After Sunday services, we gather to discuss topics raised in contemporary Christian scholarship, as well as studies based on seasonal congregational themes. We are currently scheduling Bible study with Disciple Fast Track program. Call the office for details.
Recent readings have included:
- C.S. Lewis’ The Great Divorce
- Robin DeAngelo’s White Fragility
- Richard Friedman’s Exodus
- Jim Wallis’ On God’s Side
- Debbie Macomber’s One Simple Act
- Diane Butler Bass’s A Peoples History of Christianity
- Rabbi Evan Moffic’s What Every Christian Needs to Know about Passover
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s Life Together
- Adam Hamilton’s John: The Gospel of Light and Life
- Karen Armstrong’s A History Of God
- Marjorie Thompson’s Forgiveness
- Parker Palmer’s Healing The Heart Of Democracy
- Dalai Lama and Bishop Desmond Tutu, The Book Of Joy
Our Good Reads Book Club meets via Zoom on an irregular monthly schedule at the the home of a church member.
In a relaxed setting, secular fiction and non-fiction books are chosen and discussed, with the focus on the issues they raise in our lives as Christians.
Recent books include:
- Matthew Desmond’s Evicted
- Francisco Cantu’s The Line Becomes A River
- David Williams’ When The English Fall
- Rosellen Brown’s The Lake On Fire
- Luis Alberto Urrea’s The House Of Broken Angels
- Alex Kotlowitz’s American Summer
- Rebecca Makkai’s The Great Believers
- Imbolo Mbue’s Behold The Dreamers
- Ayobami Adebayo’s Stay With Me
- David Williams’s When The English Fall
- Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Between The World And Me
- J.D. Vance’s Hillbilly Elegy